Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ads that make you sighhh...and cry

Hello Ladies,

I am reading this book these days, "Why She Buys", by Bridget Brennan. Whether you happen to be a Sales and Marketing person or a smart shopper, this book is very insightful.

Isn't it strange that often we don't really dig deep into why we respond to an ad or a product the way we do. But when someone points it out to us, it looks oh-so-obvious. I have been having many such moments since I started reading this book.

So the other day when I saw this ad from Kohler, I could totally understand their target market and why this ad is a step in the right direction for the company.


We, the mommies, rule our little world. We work hard to provide our family with a healthy and happy environment.

So an ad showing a mom of two energetic bundles, enjoying a long soak while hubby babysits, is a dream that many of us will want to come true for us. 

Another ad that recently touched my heart like no other, is an Indian ad for an insurance company. Now normally, there is nothing magical about insurance. In fact it makes us face our worst realities. And yet this ad (in Hindi) is so beautiful, it brings out an emotion in me that I cannot quite name.

It eloquently shows the protective instincts of a man who loves his family. Even as he 'drops a wet towel on the bedroom floor' or 'forgets to carry his wallet', he is still looking out for his wife's safety...quietly.


The words of the song mean 'They might be kids at heart, but they are good men; They might forget things, they never change their habits, but they are Good Men'.

Sighhh! Even in this modern world with all my twenty-first century woman outlook, I still adore the Prince-Charming-shielding-me-from-all-harm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment